Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Supreme Voyeurism

People who love houses as I do are essentially voyeurs.  By looking at decorating and design magazines, visiting real estate open houses (stalking, some would say) and scouring the local real estate listings, I get to take a peek into the lives of others, how they arrange their stuff, how they live, and to glean ideas about how I can change my own environment.  Mostly, I do little to change my own environment, but am the first to volunteer or say yes when called upon to help someone remodel, renovate, redo, revise ( I gladly said yes to a friend this morning. Start up date: next week). So, THE SELBY is made to order for people like me. (www.theselby.com)  Blogger Todd Selby has quite the thing going with some 35,000 visitors to his site in 2008.  He shoots the residences of interesting people (guess that excludes "everyday" ellie). He is a photographer, sets up his own shoots, lights them himself, and has an enormous online gallery of fascinating people.  Check out this article.. from the New York Times last Sunday..   (The Rich and Boring Need Not Apply by William Van Meter).  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/fashion/01SELBY.html

The shots are presented gallery style and show broad sweeps as well as details.

Literally, a window to the world through the eyes of a gutsy photographer..  Take a peek.. but watch out you could be in Selby land for hours..

http://www.theselby.com/
3_27_10_LyndsayC_FitzhughK21826
3_27_10_LyndsayC_FitzhughK22290












3_27_10_LyndsayC_FitzhughK21941

No comments:

Post a Comment