Friday, August 27, 2010

Cheap Color

Before moving on to more substantial pursuits, I found a few more spots of color and fun for the girls' apartment.  Hard to stop-- maybe it's parenting in the absence of the child. Ex loco parentis?  Anyway, its hard to know when enough is enough, but as far as college apartments go, I am sure we long ago passed "enough" and moved into the "excess" arena.  Nonetheless I found a few cheap bright spots.

When I was very young, I figured out that dish towels were a cheap way to lift your spirits. For a while anyway.  These fun spots of color are cheap cheap cheap and I would hang them on my oven handle or elsewhere in my kitchen for seasonal change.  I would pretty much not even use them until the season changed or I got sick of looking at them.  And so I found these bad boys for the yellow, red, green and brights cucina en las montanas.  And I don't know how to make the little mark that goes over the "n"s. These are Vera (scarf maker) from Home Goods. $1.99, thank you.

Add caption


While at Home Goods, I spotted these plates. When I purchased the Fiestaware on ebay in reds, blues, greens, yellows, etc I somehow failed to get dessert/salad plates.  So instead of getting more Fiesta, I decided to buy 10 of these plates for $2.99 each. 




A. is a little sheepish about decorating her apartment with all of her photos (there are about 4 there now) so I decided to go for faux art... 






Sorry for the glare.  This last one is actually, or appears to be, a signed print.  Again, from Home Goods so that really does not seem reasonable.  Both the "painting" on canvas above and the framed print were under $25.  So, done and done, for now at least.  I know, I said that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment