Monday, August 2, 2010

Apartment Bedroom.. The photos that I failed to post.. remember, I am learning..

these are the pillows that Ralph's shop made to go with the black and white ticking duvet..
And above is one of the euro shams that Ralph made.  It is corded with black and white ticking and made from some cream twill that I have had for years. Amanda W made some dining chair back covers for me years ago from the twill. You may not be able to see that it is corded.. but it is. They look so huge. The flange on the shams is padded, so they are very big and cozy. I hope they don't drown the spindle bed..

To the right is a photo of  the shower curtain made from leftover ticking.  Since A did not want the matchy matchy thing going on, I chose a rather girly patterned print with a bit of a retro feel for the top part of the shower curtain in it.  The little flower bunches have red and yellow green, so I picked up a $5 shower liner and rings in the green at everyone's fav boutique, Tar-jay.  Okay so I posted the photo but it is at the TOP. So, I am learning.

Old dressing table stool recovered with --KITTIES. My friend Elizabeth R would like these. She is a kitty person.  SO, the kitties are to add a little more funkiness to the mix while keeping with the b/w neutral tones.  We plan to do a little wall stenciling on one wall in a sort of bronze color in the bedroom, which you will see more of later.. hopefully.. unless we completely collapse.. And the picture to the right, which somehow just deposited itself right there (full page maybe?) is a 1940's kitchen table with a metal enameled top. The top pulls out to expand the space, on either side. A will use this as a desk.. it has a little matching table that was once used also in a kitchen that will live a new happy life in A's room as a side table with a lamp on it...




1 comment:

  1. Very cute kitty print fabric! :) I never did go for too much matchy matchy either. Having fun visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete