Saturday, August 14, 2010

Finally... finished.. at least as far as I'm concerned

Okey dokey.  A little follow up to the apartment saga. I am ready to move on to other horizons.  A little beach time, then I drive up with A., her clothes, and the rest of the accessories and stuff.  I will probably bore you to tears with one more "after" post, and then you (all one of you or whatever..) can heave a little sigh of relief..

miniature flower print



So, A. had different ideas than I did about my roadside scavenge.  She said she did not want to paint the little broken chair glossy black as I had suggested, but wanted to paint it flat rose to bring in a little more color and a little more vintagey feel.  You will see the roadkill on a previous blog... and here is the finished product..
do you notice the missing spindle?  not so much..

A. chose this teeny flower print- again, seeking vintage, to replace the detested cats. (meowww...) It will go on the little vanity stool that is perched under the white enamel topped vintage table. 

A few more accessories.  Since A., has zillions of photos she has taken in the I Photo file, there seems no need to seek other artwork at this point. So the only expense is framing.  I would like to find a cheaper source, and if I look on ebay I probably can when time permits.  She has at least a dozen black gallery framed photos in her room at home, but these are easy to update with newer photos.  I buy these at Tar-jay or Pottery Barn, preferably on sale.  The artists tape (pictured below) makes the photos easy to install and then change at will. I buy it at Jerry's Arturama (still hard for me to say.. is there really a place named that???). 


peels off with zero residue

Viola!

for over the potty, over course, taken somewhere in Italy where
 clearly their potty's are more
 colorful than ours..

these are bottles of vino, again taken in italia.. 

sorry for the glare... i have limited photography skills.
 this is a photo of K, with all kinds of paint on her face, clearly..





2 comments:

  1. Michaels and A C Moore also have frames, and 40% off coupons for any regular-priced item in the Sunday paper. Both stores will honor each other's coupons. You can also use Joann Fabrics coupons at each. Just sign up online or in their store to get their flyer in the mail. http://www.joann.com/ Jerry's Artarama has some frames too, but they don't do the coupons.

    Have you checked out Discount Fabric Warehouse for upholstery yet? http://www.fabricsforless.com/discount_fabric_warehouse.html They've usually got a ton of it in every color, most $7.99/yd. They're right near where the 440 beltline meets the Business 64, in a plaza to the east of the beltline. Mill Outlet Village has nice upholstery too, up in north Raleigh off Capital Blvd, just south of Perry Creek Rd. http://www.milloutletvillage.com/ Joann has it too, with sales and coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey- just saw this. I have tried about every place in town for fabric, but not the place on 64- I don't get that way too much. Thanks for the website. I went out to Michaels the other day.. but didn't have a coupon. :-(

    ReplyDelete