Friday, September 3, 2010

Pears are definitely US.

My love affair with pears began a long time ago, but ripened when we renovated our kitchen 5 or 6 years ago.  To celebrate, I bought a large painting featuring some of my favorite colors and, yes, fragrant, shapely, yellow/green hued pears.  Little by little I added pear stuff: a small painting here, a marble pear there, a pear dishtowel or picture frame or.. whatever.  Yesterday an old dear friend gifted me with stacking pear boxes. As I was contemplating where to place them my interest in my old buddy the pear was revived.  My friend obtained the stacking metal boxes at Chapel Hill furniture store, the Red Window.

http://www.redwindow.net/Red_Window_Website/Home.html



Although the boxes stack, I placed them separately for the time being so I could enjoy them in different rooms!  They may or may not stay as they are.  Aren't they sweet?


Not obvious, but these are different sizes.. 
This is my first pear painting, surrounded
by other fruity friends
 acquired along the way. 

Walking through my house,
I have more pears
than I have sense, it would appear. Painting by Karen Dibenedetto. 
an ebay find.. 
Another wall of fruitiness..
And so, my collection is happily enhanced.  There are actually more in my house, but I don't think any more will fit in today's blog space.  What is your collection?  Is it fruity or fine..? 

2 comments:

  1. I gather balls of yarn, endlessly, as if I'll live to 200 to knit them all into something. They require every type and size of needle imaginable. I've knit things and felted them that have no real purpose other than to hold the remains of the balls of yarn from finished products. But now I see I could put pears in them, if I were a pear gatherer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, some felted pear holders would definitely be on the mark. I love felted wool. Unless it is by accident as with a formerly nice sweater..

    ReplyDelete