Friday, September 10, 2010

Bag People

 At our house, we are bag people.  Christmas and many birthdays and sometimes for no reason at all bags just appear.  We all need carry-alls, book bags, camera bags, briefcase bags, travel bags, you name it.  We have far too many bags to actually use on a regular basis. Many years ago- like 20- I bought a heavy leather caramel colored back that clips together and and has one shoulder strap.  Had I actually used it, it would probably be nice and soft by now, but I never actually used it because a) it is heavy and b) it is so deep that if you actually put something in it it falls into the 18 inch depth never to be found again.It looks like this.




But still, I keep my eye out for bags all the time.

Here are some cool ones:

This is by Frost River.  It is called the Grand Marais Mail Bag and it is only $50.  It is made from oiled canvas, designed to be hearty and weather proof.  If I just had some mail to carry around..

Small Field Satchel

JPK Paris Nylon Bucket Bag Lemon
The second bag is Frost River's small Field Satchel. It's $90 and its only about 8x 8.  It comes in a larger size.  Now I don't hang out in the field much, but this looks like it would make me organize my stuff better..

This summer on my birthday my peeps gave me a JPK Paris nylon bucket bag.  Mine is brilliant yellow. I love the chunky gold hardware and the cheery color.  The drawback? Since it is definitely a bucket, stuff gravitates to the bottom and is difficult to locate.

Here are some other cool bags I have my eye on, have no use for.  So maybe just posting them here will be enough.

eBay Image Hosting at www.auctiva.com
Chloe "Heloise" hobo.. only $1595
Timbuk2 Classic Messenger Bag - Medium
A. wants a TimBuk@ messenger for school
Gucci- for that great little trip I keep thinking I will take


What is your bag?

2 comments:

  1. Hi El! I simply LOVE the Heloise. Bags like the Grand Marais are all over Paris - it's a classic. Leather "mail bags" are tres chic also. You should wear/use the leather caramel; it's really gorgeous. Bonsoir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Thanks I should use the caramel bag. Its just a tad big and heavy, but hey. And aren't the Heloise bags nice? I want one. However, it makes much for sense for me to get the Grand Marais.. easier on the pocket book! thanks for visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete