Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Day at the Flea Market..

It's the first day in a while that has not been hot as blazes, so I decided to venture out to the flea market here in Raleigh.  Apparently I was not the only soul with that impulse.. it was packed! I stayed and wandered around far longer than I had intended and by the time I was leaving around 3:00 there were hoards of cars and people with red t-shirts on, girls with little short black dresses on (all of them blonde) and policemen directing traffic everywhere-- a State game.  Which of course I would not be paying any attention to.. upon googling I found that State is playing Western Carolina.  Who would think that would be a big deal?  And I did read the headlines today about the unfortunate UNC team and their qualifying brouhaha..  I digress.  I was continuing my quest for a small bookshelf of some sort, and I found a few reasonably priced possibilities. But ever keen for a bargain, I did come across a great mirror booth. They had mirrors of all description, including some incredibly huge mirrors. They also do picture framing and canvas stretching.   I bought three of them. Total price for these babies?  $125.

This is the largest. It is about 40 inches wide by
24 inches tall- and of course it can be placed the other way around..
This is a close up of the frame.
It is sort of burled.

This one also has beveled glass and is sort of warm
toasty pecan .. and has some worminess to it. 
This is the smallest mirror- 18" x 24". It is sort of
a filigreed tin in a soft gray color. 
I got one more great bargain, but I will show it to you later when I can take a shot of what it is for..  I will only keep one of the mirrors- one for J and one for A.. right now I am thinking we will keep the round one.. although J said he was interested in it too.  ahhh weelllllll.

No comments:

Post a Comment