Monday, September 13, 2010

Fancy Feet

The shoes this season are wonderful, especially the boots, booties, cropped boots, shoe/boots, and anything resembling a boot.  These are my favorite picks, but keep in mind they are not necessarily picks I would wear. I'm just saying I adore them..

Mahogany Ankle Boots
Anthro Mahogany Ankle Boots. I am not sure
why they are called mahogany, which to me is
an oxblood color. The one review says they are
more of a gray or taupe.   $468. 
First choice.  These are from Anthropologie.  I love them, but no one in our family will ever own them unless the rest of the world hates them and they end up 75% off.
Wishlist Over the Knee Boot
Wishlist Overthekee Boot - $298
These are from Free People and someone in our family received these as a birthday gift.  She says they are awesome, and soft but not as soft as they will be once broken in. She likes the fact that they are harness boots, flat, and fairly un-ostentatious looking.



They are called Wishlist OvertheKnee Boot and they are $298. 

So, by now it is evident that I am not a big dresser-upper.  Which is why I selected these last shoes that will fit in this space.  They are also by Free People ( no I am not 17). They are called Mainland Distressed Boat Shoe, and anyone who is from North Carolina, or a sailor, or a person who is into casual wear will know that these are a completely worn in version of  Sperry Topsiders.  I have some relatively new Topsiders in my closet, but I don't want them new.  I want them old and grungy looking like this.  The price of grunge? $138.  I know my brand new Topsiders were not this expensive...so maybe I just need to put them on and tromp around for a few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment