Friday, January 14, 2011

Winter Warmies

So, A. is freezing her pituzi off in Boone.  She claims there is about 3 feet of snow! Aaaand, cold!!  She sent me this photo of herself yesterday, and suggested that she might like a couple more of these cozy head warmer thingies.

Photo of A. by Madison Shields


So, I looked at Tar-Jay today. Nothing.  So I went to my go-to retailer, Ebay and found a couple. 

Hand Knit Earwarmer and Headband in RaspberryItem imageItem imageItem image

These are all found with a "knitted headband" search on Ebay and range from about $7 to $10.

Item pictureSo, I bought a couple of those, although the ones with the little dogs across them are from the UK and who knows how long they would take to come here.  Not to mention the conversion issue.  Nonetheless, I did buy a beige angora head band from the UK.  It says it was only 4.54 euros or something or maybe pounds so I will probably get a bill for $250.00 or something.. Not really.  Actually, turns out it is not from the UK, from "Polska".  Is that the same as Poland?? eh?   A city/town/village/burrough/crossroad calleded "Malopolskie".  Goodness.  I hope this isn't child labor.  She, Iwona Kowalcze Filar sells/makes angora sweaters, too.  Remember angora?  My favorite sweater in high school was a candy pink angora sweater.  I wore it with my winter white box pleated wool skirt, you know the kind, they had stitched down pleats through the hip?  Sort of a cheerleader sort of skirt.  The pink sweater was the most divine thing in the world.  Everyone wanted to hug me.  You take what you can get, ya know?  Maybe I need to get another one of those... I digress.. Anyway, candy pink angora sweater, winter white wool skirt.  I was the bomb, or so I thought.

Actually my new friend from Polska has a pink (soft, not candy) on her site..
Item image


I moved on to Etsy, and so far I have bought about 5 headbands (all she wanted was one.. but they are so cheap and fun..


Lacy Head Wrap Earwarmer KNIT PATTERN PDF

Hand Knit Earwarmer and Headband in Raspberry
10 perc OFF TODAY ONLY Head bandKnit Head Band  Ear Warmer  Cable Stitch  In Stock Hunter GreenEarwarmer Headband in Gray with Cranberry RoseGiGi Knitted Headband Earwarmer Cowl Neckwarmer Pattern PDF
Headband With Flower Mushroom FREE SHIPPING TODAY


Baby, it's cold outside...



and then this ultra funky one.. 


Okay, so for today's sweepstakes with the grand prize consisting of  the satisfaction of being right, how many of these things did I buy?  I guess its not really a "bargain" if you buy.. as many as I did.. 






2 comments:

  1. 2 sticks and a ball of yarn and you can make one. Me, I'm into neck warmers and cowls. I've probably knit 30 scarves, among lots of other simple things. Used to be just to keep my neck warm. Now needed to hide all those extra chins that keep proliferating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Extra Chins? I am not a knitter, but I can crochet and it definitely occurred to me that this would be easy to make!

    ReplyDelete