Friday, January 28, 2011

Shopping the Sales...

Okay, it is no secret that I like to shop. The most frequent beneficiary of my shopping is my daughter because, hey it's much more fun to shop 20 year old fashion than.... ahhh mom fashion (or lack thereof).  Size 4 is just cuter.

Having said that, here are some goodies out and about..

Groupon just sponsored a lovely little deal whereby you spend $30 and get a $60 "groupon" at Gena Chandler.  I love to shop at Gena Chandler. They know us by name, know what would look good on A, and don't act all irritated on the few occasions when I leave without purchasing something.  Here is what I bought with my Groupon.. the dress on the left.  It's gray and sort of sweatshirty.. I was able to slip it to A when we met her at the airport as she was off for a mental health weekend in NYC (dancing, singing, playing, fun). It will look great with her tall black boots and a black tank under it (or, something lacy/black..).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gena-Chandler/147133077816


The dress on the left is sort of sweatshirty, loose on top,
elastic at the waist, slim on the bottom. 

I also got this little dress, in navy, on sale at Uniquities at Cameron Village last week. It is made by Three Dot. It was difficult deciding what to get as they had a great sale.  After an internal debate of about 30 minutes, I decided that this dress, made from cotton jersey, would work great in the winter and fall with boots, as shown, and would also work in warmer months with sandals.  I think it can also dress up with some funky heels (red? yellow) or some booties with maybe some bright yellow tights.

three dots LD5K-080 GS6L-006
Three Dot from the Uniquities sale at Cameron Village

Oh OH, a lucky find at Fleur in North Hills.  I don't often actually buy anything their because it's just too expensive.  But they had a ONE day sale and everything in the store was $100, at least everything that was fall/winter merchandise.  I like to make my sales count, so I gravitated to the most expensive stuff, the stuff that I normally would not take a second glance at. 

Okay so after a search I could not find the exact Chloe Jacket (See by Chloe).  It's similar to the one below, but has a different collar.  It is a contemporary take on a Chanel style.  Dress it up or funk it up.. 

The original cost was $575. I got it for $100. 


J Crew is having a "final sale" online and here are a few finds: (though I didn't purchase them.. )
Chalet turtleneck sweater
This is the Chalet turtleneck sweater. However, it looks like a
cowl neck sweater to me.  It is $39.99 and comes in about 5 colors.


Jayne platform heels
Jayne Platform heels from J Crew.
Reduced to $129 from $228. 

Anthropologie has a lot of their winter stuff on sale now.  Here is an interesting sweater coat the "Stitched Borders Sweatercoat".  It is $119 reduced from $198.  I personally prefer my sale items to be at least 50% off, but hey....


Anthropologie 
Urban is having a sale with lots of stuff at $29.99 or below.. You have to watch your Ps and Qs with Urban for quality, frankly. The footwear is usually pretty good, and its great for stuff like scarves, gloves, boots.. I'm just saying, some of their brands are a tad cheesy, even for the 20 and under set.. 


http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/category.jsp?popId=&navAction=&isSortBy=true&navCount=&pushId=SALE&id=SALE_W

Finally, not on the sale order but worth checking out is the link below. It seems Anthro is announcing a wedding line to open on February 14.  I don't have a bride, but I did like the little video presentation below.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment