Sunday, October 24, 2010

Shopping for.. SCOOTERS. Really.

So, Spencer wants a scooter.  Why he chose me as a shopping buddy is anybody's guess, except that I do have a faint tattoo on my forehead that reads something like "mall rat" or "born to shop" or something like that. I can't see it, but I think it is visible to others.  However, it is usually bargains I am looking for, and never in scenic Garner. Now, I know Garner may have some positive aspects, it's just that I don't know what they are. The short trip to Garner is on the dreaded 70 South, which is, um, not so scenic.

We found the Honda place and I learned that scooters come in all shapes and sizes, or at least I thought I learned that until I was told that a lot of these things are for other purposes: all terrain biking, beach riding (where is that legal?) and other sort of army-like, manly-like activities that involve a certain type of clothing which mostly makes you look very scary.

The helmets themselves can be rather scary.  Sort of Darth Vader-ish.  In my mind, its all designed to be somewhat intimidating.  However, the scooter that Spencer has in ming, the Honda Ruckus, is not at all intimidating.  It's rather cute.. Here is what we saw:


Spencer playing it cool with the sales dude
I sort of liked this sporty yellow number.  Plus, I have
a yellow JPK bag that would match perfectly. 

Barbie Pink.  
Multiple accessories for the rider
Spencer did not get his scooter. It seems that even thought he had been on the phone with them throughout the previous day completing paperwork, they did not begin to actually SEARCH for an available Ruckus (not pictured here, cause they didn't have it) until we got there. Three hours later we said hey, call us when you find it.  So, scooter-less, we headed home. Hopefully, Spencer will have his scooter before too long. But at least I got my scooter education.  I still like the yellow one best. And here is a photo of my JPK bag.. see what I mean?
<em>Jpk Paris Nylon</em> Chunky Hardware <em>Bucket Bag</em> Lemon

No comments:

Post a Comment