Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Art of Style ~ELLAN MAYNARD~ 3:00-5:00 June 14

I would love to invite you to come out and see a collection of my paintings this weekend at The Art of Style- ~ a boutique in Cameron Village at 2023 Cameron Street.  ~  

I have 10-12 paintings hanging and on Saturday June 14, I will be there offering a cool glass of prosecco or beer and a chance to take a look around at the unique style offerings in the boutique, meet Kendra and Natalie, and check out the paintings.  

Your paintings?  What's that about? 

My first series of paintings was an exploration of a technique called "color field" or stain painting inspired by the work of Helen Frankenthaler and Louis Morris.  I have always had a love of color and composition and have exercised that love by helping friends and family with interiors.  But I decided to get my hands in the paint (and they look like it). Continents, part of which is showing at The Art of Style, reflects various elements of the universe: water, air, clouds, elements.  

Here are a few of these paintings.  I hope you will join us at The Art of Style this weekend or throughout the month of June! 


There are no rules. That is how art is born, how breakthroughs happen. 
Go against the rules or ignore the rules. 
  That is what invention is about.

Helen Frankenthaler


"Cumulus" is a large acrylic on canvas. It is 50 by 56. 


"Marshes" is 48 by 50 


This is a fun piece called "Convergence". 


There are lots more paintings and some great clothing, accessories, and gift finds at the boutique.  Please joins us! 



No comments:

Post a Comment