Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wonderful Blogs

My whole family blog-watches. We share blogs, pass on links, exchange interesting photos, talk about them.  P's personal favorite is The Selby. Here it is. /http://www.theselby.com/

Anyway the Selby (is in your place) is a really voyeuristic look into people's homes. http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/
Who doesn't like that?  Posted on November 21, 2010 is a peek inside the home of Kate and Andy Spade. Andy Spade seems to have a lot of collections like P does little boxes, pens, books books books.  Have I told I finally found some new bookshelves from Restoration Hardware?  They are coming in December... I digress.
11_4_10_AndyKateSpadeE44765
11_4_10_AndyKateSpadeE44754

See all those little silver boxes? P has boxes too: silver, wood, brass, glass, you name it. He has a lot of the wooden ones back in the bedroom, ostensibly to keep stuff in.  The ones on his desk are mostly silver and are purely decorative.  He keeps them neatly aligned, sort of like this though not so numerous.  He also, at the moment, has a little tiny glass vase near them filled with violets.  Maybe I should take a photo of HIS desk.. P has books stacked up on the coffee table, just like Andy does, but P's have overrun the place, towering in stacks from the TV cabinet, stacked waist high in about five stacks on the floor. It's like a fortress.. Wonder what he is protecting himself from (or whom..?).  Nonetheless, it's an impressive library filled with financial books, political books, thinking about thinking books, political satire books, political expose books (ie Karl Rove, the Architect) etc etc. Catching a theme here?

A. Likes Scott Schuman's The Sartorialist (as does P)    A. just wrote a paper about blogs, I think.  Scott and his girlfriend Garance Dore travel around to Milan, Australia, Paris, London, etc, but call NYC home. They take photos on the street, and it seems they make a bunch of money.  I could do that for a living, if I could take decent photos.  It's all about fashion and lifestyle..

http://www.garancedore.fr/

Now isn't this a lovely photo- Scott has these in abundance, on any given day.  He took this one in Paris.  He also blogs about cool places, such as the Clic Gallery and Bookstore in NYC and I gotta admit it looks like a neat place. His girlfriend, equally successful it seems, Garance, also does some fashion, some lifestyle, and even some silly commentary.. She seems to be in Istanbul right now, checking out shoes and such. And interesting books.  Ahhh me...
.  

So, there are other favorites, too.  I wish my linker was working.. 


Closing with a lovely photo for the day..from my modern met (above) taken by Steve McCurry, the National Geographic photographer who took that haunting photo of the green eyed Afghani girl with the shawl covering her head... 


1 comment:

  1. I wish they would pay me a lot of money to blog! I loved those photos of Kate and Andy Spades house! I meant to ask you a few weeks back about brunch with Dave Chapelle in Asheville?! I can't believe we were there the same weekend, I saw tons of weddings going on!

    ReplyDelete